If you’ve got an instructor account, one of the first things you’ll want to do is invite your students to join the platform with you. This is especially useful so you can easily share content, music from the ETUDES Library, or any assignments and courses you’ve built along the way.
Inviting your students (or their parents) is incredibly simple, but to better understand how it works, it may be helpful to understand how ETUDES.CO thinks about managing student accounts – and how that might differ from other platforms.
Student & Instructor Accounts Are Not Linked
The first thing to understand is that, unlike many other platforms, in ETUDES.CO student and teacher accounts are not inherently linked to one other.
This may seem counterintuitive, but actually makes things much easier for both you and your students. To see how, let’s dive into the process:
Setting Up Student Accounts
To invite students (and effectively create new student accounts), you’ll need to follow these simple steps.
- Login to either the Members Area, or your Studio dashboard
- Find the “Invite Your Students” link, as shown here:
- Enter the name and email of either your student or their parent/guardian:
- Click “Send Invite”
What Happens Next?
When you send a student invite, 2 things happen immediately.
- A new placeholder account is created in ETUDES.CO for the invited user, &
- The student receives an email inviting them to set their password and complete their account registration
This is helpful because it allows you as an instructor to begin immediately assigning content, without having to manually setup each student account yourself.
From the student/parent’s point of view, once they receive the invitation they are free to complete their registration and manage their own account – on their own time. As soon as they do, they’ll have access to any content you may have already assigned… which leads to our final point:
Your Next Steps
After you’ve invited the student, you can do 2 things immediately:
- Add the student to an existing (or newly created) student group, or
- Assign a course or assignment to directly to their account
For a deeper dive into building courses, feel free to check out this article.
And there you have it! Get started by inviting your students today – and if you don’t already have an instructor account, get one here.
As always, comment below or shoot us an email with any feedback you might have – we’d love to hear from you.